Friday, March 22, 2013

Who am I?


Who am I? I have always been a history nerd, so when my mother wanted to explore our family history, I was hooked. Trolling cemeteries for dates, names, and clues and prowling courthouses for birth, marriage, and death records became an adventure.

When we started this journey we hit many roadblocks, which was before the World Wide Web, Ancestry.com, etc. Several years ago the wife of a second cousin took up the pursuit of finding our family roots. I was once again hooked on finding the relatives that made me the person that I am.

Step one is to compile the facts and figures. That part is easy. Step two is how do I bring their story to life and how do I make it interesting? 

1 comment:

  1. Saw your blog listed at Geneabloggers, congratulations. Also, just what ever you do keep blogging it is very rewarding and you will soon meet new cousins.

    Take care,

    Moises Garza
    We Are Cousins - My personal blog about South Texas and Northeastern Mexico Genealogy

    Mexican Genealogy - Blog where I help anyone with Mexican Ancestry get started with their Family History and Genealogy.

    ReplyDelete